Thursday, May 19, 2011

Basic Pancakes

One of the meals that all my kids like is pancakes. I have tried various types of pancakes that are healthier however I never revamped the basic pancake recipe that I had always made for them. I decided to give it a try the other night and the results were great. The original recipe used white flour, sugar and frying the pancakes in oil. I added wheat flour, switched the sugar to splenda and added flax seed. I also "fry" them in Pam. Just as tasty but better for you. Enjoy!




2 Eggs
2 C. Skim Milk
2 1/2 Tbls. Canola Oil
1 C. White Flour
1 C. Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Flax Seed
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Splenda

Beat eggs lightly then add milk and oil. Mix. Add dry ingredients and mix until slightly lumpy. Spray a skillet with Pam and heat. Drop by 1/4 C. full and cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook for another minute.

No comments: