Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spicy Broccoli

I started getting fresh broccoli deleviered to my house on a regular basis and I was looking for creative new ways to make it that would appeal to my kids. I found this recipe for spicy broccoli and although I knew only 1 of my kids would try it I figured it sounded so simple to make and healthy that it was worth a shot. The 1 who tried it liked it as did all the grown ups who ate it. Since it was already simple and healthy I didn't make any changes to the recipe.


1 1/2 tsp. Olive Oil
3 C. Broccoli, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
3/4 C. Canned Tomatoes, crushed

Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute broccoli, garlic, and red pepper flakes for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: