Thursday, July 14, 2011

Basil Mayonnaise

When I told you about the pistachio crusted chicken breasts that my family really enjoyed I mentioned that it was good with a salad dressing or mayonnaise based sauce. One of our favorites is basil mayonnaise which I found on a wonderful website called Challah Crumbs. I know it is mayonnaise based however in moderation this is a great dip for chicken or vegetables. I can get my kids to eat a lot more vegetables with this dip next to them. I have made this with frozen basil however it is better with fresh basil.





1 cup Mayonnaise
¼ cup Fresh Basil
1 Tbls. Lemon Juice
1 clove Garlic, minced

Place all in the jar of a blender or food processor. Blend until the basil is well chopped and season to taste. Can be made a day before serving.

No comments: