Sunday, February 20, 2011

Banana Pancake

I had been wanting to try out some Banana Pancakes for a while now but found that I would buy bananas with the intention of making the pancakes and then all the bananas would get eaten. So when there were still bananas left today I seized the opportunity to finally make Banana Pancakes for dinner. I found a recipe for Banana Pancakes and I used it as a foundation for the ones I made.

Here is my version:

1/3 C. Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 C. White Flour
2 Tbls. Splenda
1 tsp. Ground Flax Seed
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg beaten lightly
1 1/2 Tbls. Canola Oil
2 small bananas mashed

Combine milk, egg, oil and banana. Add flours, flax seed and splenda. Stir until combined. Mixture will be clumpy. Heat a large non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture at a time into the pan, allowing room to spread. Cook until small holes appear in the surface, turn pancakes, cook until browned.

When I made this it yielded 7 pancakes. Everyone loved these and all the pancakes are gone. I love that they aren't fried in oil and have no sugar. Plus nobody noticed the added flax which I really try to throw into anything.

No comments: