Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oven Baked Fries

Tonight I decided to add Oven Baked French Fries to our chicken hot dogs and whole wheat buns.

Oven Baked French Fries:
2 lbs. potatoes, approx. 4 medium potatoes
2 Tbls. canola oil
Salt

Scrub and slice potatoes into matchsticks. Toss potatoes in a bowl with oil and salt to taste. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and spread potatoes in a single layer. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake fries for 15 minutes. Turn fries and switch racks. Cook an additional 25 minutes or until browned.





These were a hit. Everyone that likes fries in my house loved these(can you believe I have a child who doesn't like french fries???). I'd like to add sweet potato fries and zucchini fries soon but figured I need to ease into it so I started with something familiar.

1 comment:

Talia said...

Once you get your new chopper it will be a piece of cake. Also, the kids will think that they are not home made (=a child's compliment)