Monday, March 21, 2011

Cauliflower Popcorn

This recipe was adapted from a recipe by the same name from the Kosher By Design Entertains cookbook. I have only made 3 changes in this recipe. First is I use frozen cauliflower, not because it is better but because I can't always get fresh and when I can I am too lazy to clean and cut it. But if you have fresh cauliflower and aren't lazy like me then I encourage you to use it as it is better. Secondly, I have cut the oil from 6-8 Tablespoons(yikes!) to 2 Tablespoons and it still seems excessive. Lastly I substituted splenda for the sugar. I often double or triple this recipe as we munch on it from the minute it comes out of the oven and my kids like it.


2 Heads cauliflower, cut into medium sized florets OR 1 bag frozen cauliflower(can be frozen or defrosted)
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Splenda
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/4-1/2 tsp. Turmeric
2 Tbls. Olive Oil

Combine all spices and oil in a large bowl or in a ziploc bag. Add in the cauliflower and toss to coat evenly. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast at 450 for 35-45 minutes until cooked and slightly browned. If the cauliflower is getting too brown for your liking you can mix it in the middle of cooking.

No comments: