Saturday, March 19, 2011

Quinoa Edamame Salad With A Twist

I got this recipe for Quinoa Edamame Salad from my sister. I believe it originated as a rice recipe which she converted to quinoa, which you can do with most rice recipes. I have made it many time with edamame and love it however my husband isn't an edamame fan so I substituted chickpeas and now he eats it too. Either way you can't go wrong.


1 C. Quinoa, rinsed
2 C. Chicken Broth
2 Carrots, shredded
1 Can Chickpeas, drained OR cooked edamame
1/8 C. Soy Sauce
1/2 Tbls. Sesame Oil

Place quinoa and broth in a pot. Bring to boil. Simmer 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Mix in carrots, chickpeas or edamame, soy sauce and sesame oil. Serve cold or at room temperature.

4 comments:

אנט פרידמן said...

this sounds really good - i'm going to try it! this week i made a yummy brown rice dish with sauteed zucchini and carrots. let me know if you want the recipe.

Arica said...

I always want the recipe! Please pass it along and don't be insulted if I change something!

אנט פרידמן said...

here it is:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brown-Rice-Veggie-Stir-Fry/Detail.aspx

it's not mine and i also changed quite a few things so of course i won't be insulted!

Arica said...

Thanks, I am going to try it soon-just trying to decide if I will keep it rice or use quinoa.