Wednesday, March 30, 2011

White Bean Pesto Hummus

I made this White Bean Basil Hummus or as we renamed it White Bean Pesto Hummus tonight. I didn't have fresh basil on hand so I used 2 cubes of the frozen basil. I am not 100% sure what the measurment is for the cubes as they are not fresh however 2 cubes added a lot of basil flavor so I wouldn't use more. Rather than use fresh lemon juice I used the equivilant of lemon juice from the bottle. Everyone loved this and ate fresh veggies with it. The picture isn't so pretty but trust me, this is a keeper. I don't see why you can't make this exact recipe with chickpeas...perhaps I will do that next time.


1 Can Cannelini or Northern White Beans, rinsed and drained
2 cubes Frozen Basil
1 Small Garlic Clove
1 1/2 Tbls. Lemon Juice
2 Tbls. Tahini
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 C. Olive Oil

Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth letting it go for a few minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: