Monday, March 7, 2011

Simple Chicken and Rice Bake

Sometimes the best meals are the simple ones. I am always a fan of meals that only use one pot or pan so this one is a double win. I used Basmati rice because I was out of brown rice and that was all they had at the store. Apparently basmati rice is lower on the glycemic index so that is a good thing.

I based this loosely around a recipe I found in the Amit Women Efrat Chapter Cookbook

8 pcs. of Chicken(I used 3 legs, 3 thighs and 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
Onion Soup Mix
1 C. Rice
2 C. Water

Spray a pyrex with pam. Season the chicken with onion soup mix. Place the rice in the pan. Put the chicken on top of the rice(I didn't put the boneless skinless pieces in yet). Add water. Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and chicken is browned. At 45 minutes into cooking I added the boneless skinless breasts and they came out perfect.

Everyone was so hungry and ate so much that I didn't get a chance to take a picture until after dinner when there was 1 sad leg left and a tiny spoonful of rice left. Here is what the leftovers look like:

No comments: