Sunday, March 13, 2011

Grilled Crispy Mustard Brussels Sprouts

I know that not everyone loves Brussels sprouts. I for one am a big fan and am always looking for new ways to prepare them(as I learned early on that boiling them is not a good way). I was really happy to find this recipe for Grilled Crispy Mustard Brussels Sprouts which uses mustard and cooks them on the grill rather than roasting them in the oven.

I used frozen sprouts which eliminated the first step. I also used a gas grill so that made things easier as well.


1 bag frozen Brussels sprouts, defrosted and sliced in half
1/4 C. Olive Oil
2 Tbls. Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Whisk together olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour mustard sauce over sprouts and toss to thoroughly coat. Place Brussels sprouts on preheated grill, keeping the bowl nearby with the sauce reserved. Grill until browned and slightly charred on both sides, flipping half way through cooking, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove Brussels sprouts to the bowl with reserved mustard sauce. Toss gently to coat and serve immediately.

3 comments:

Talia said...

Did the kids eat them?

Arica said...

One of them did! My kids are used to seeing brussels sprouts as I love them. My plan is to keep offering them good healthy foods until they finally cave and eat them. 1 out of 3 isn't bad, right???

Lanie said...

I made these and we really liked them. I used fresh brussels sprouts. We don't have a grill so the first time I made them I just used a grill pan on the stove top and they were good. I made them again and out of laziness decided to just sautee them in a pan and they were just as good if not better than the first time. It's a versatile recipe which is really nice.