Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pesto Lemon Rice

A little over a week ago I shared a wonderful recipe for Dairy Free, Nut Free Pesto. I got a few comments and email asking what I used the pesto for. So without further ado I give you Pesto Lemon Rice. This was so good that I had to make more the following day.



1 Tbls. Olive Oil
1 C. Rice(I used brown)-not instant
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Tbls. Lemon Juice
2 1/4 cup Chicken Stock (I used water with chicken soup powder)
2-3 Tbls. Pesto

Heat oil in a pot with a tight-fitting lid; then add the rice and saute until rice is light browned, about 2-3 minutes, stirring several times. Add the salt and lemon juice and stir again. The lemon juice will bubble up in the pan. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. As soon as it is boiling, turn down the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and let it cook without lifting the lid for 20 minutes or 30 if using brown rice. After 20 or 30 minutes, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Stir in the pesto, put the lid back on and let the rice sit for 5 minutes. Serve hot.

No comments: